Graduate in Medicine and Surgery (2010) from the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Granada and Doctor (2016) from the University of Navarra.
Specialist in Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery by the Clínica Universidad de Navarra (2016).
He has completed several placement trainings:
Training Fellowship in Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology. Hand surgery and microsurgery. Hand and Microsurgery Division. Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology. Shatin, Hong Kong (2017).
Senior Clinical Fellowship. Burn Unit at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital Healthcare NHS Fdn Trust. London. United Kingdom. Year 2014.
Honorary Research Fellowship. Magill Department of Anesthesia, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Management. Chelsea and Westminster Hospital. Imperial College. London. United Kingdom. Year 2014.
Pulvertaft Hand Center. Derby Royal Hospital. Derby (United Kingdom). Year 2015.
Clinical Observation of St. Vincent's Hospital, St. Vincent's Private Hospital of Melbourne, and the Hand Unit of the Victorian Hand Surgery Association. Department of Plastic Surgery. Australia. Year 2016.
Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne. Department of Plastic Surgery and Maxillofacial Surgery. Australia. Year 2016.
Prince of Wales Hospital. Faculty of Medicine. Chinese University of Hong Kong. Hand and Microsurgery Division. Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology. Hong Kong. 2016.
Static and dynamic facial resuscitation
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging for the study of brain plasticity after dynamic facial rehabilitation with the masseter nerve.
- Rehabilitation of Incomplete Facial Paralysis with Mass Nerve.
- Histological diagnosis and molecular analysis.
- Isotopic Lymphoscintigraphy.
- Lymphography with indocyanine green.
- Lymphatic-venous anastomosis.
- Personal satisfaction in patients undergoing breast reconstruction.
- Comparison between the different techniques.
- Study of late capsular contracture after distant infections.
- Treatment with stem cells obtained from autologous fat tissue.
- Post-operative complication rate in large burn surgery.
- Analysis of the failure in the autografting in burned patients. Surgical and anesthetic variables.
- Demographics and prognostic factors in upper limb reimplantation.
- Treatment of scaphoid pseudoarthrosis by bone grafting / bone substitute.
As an educator
Professor of international course of Human Anatomy "Expert Anatomy of Upper limb". Merz Pharmaceuticals GmbH. Department of Anatomy, Histology and Neuroscience. Faculty of Medicine, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
Professor of international course of Human Anatomy "Expert Anatomy of Lower limb". Merz Pharmaceuticals GmbH. Department of Anatomy, Histology and Neuroscience. Faculty of Medicine, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
Assistant Professor of Human Anatomy. Musculoskeletal system (2011-2015). Faculty of Medicine. University of Navarra.
Teaching collaborator in clinical practice (2014-2015). School of Medicine. University of Navarra.
Teaching collaborator in plastic surgery for the specialty of
Surgical nursing. (2011-2014). Clínica Universidad de Navarra. University of Navarra.
Professor of Human Anatomy I, bilingual in English. Musculoskeletal system (Course 2015-2016). School of Medicine. University of Navarra.
Clinical Associate Professor of Human Anatomy I, bilingual in English. Musculoskeletal System (Course 2017-present). School of Medicine. University of Navarra.
As a researcher
He has presented 20 national and international papers.
He has written several chapters in a book on plastic surgery in Spanish and two in English.
He has participated in the elaboration of numerous scientific articles in high impact factor journals.
- Pareja Yébenes Award from the Association of Antiguans. Students to the best academic record of the academic promotion 2004-2010. University of Granada.
- Award to the best poster in the 48th National Congress of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery. 48th National Congress of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2013.
- MENTOR Professional Education Award for the best scientific communication by residents at the 37th Basque-Navarre-Riojan-Aragonese meeting. 2013.
- 2015 Award from the Federation of European Societies of Hand Surgery (FESSH) for continuous training in hand surgery in Europe. Coordinated by Professor David Warwick MD BM FRCS FRCS(Orth) European Diploma of Hand Surgery. Consultant Hand Surgeon, University Hospital Southampton.
- MENTOR Professional Education Award to the best scientific communication of residents of the 40th Basque-Navarre-Riojan-Aragonese meeting. 2015.
- 8th Ignacio Landecho Scholarship for the training of medical interns living abroad (2015). Stay at Royal Children Hospital of Melbourne (Victoria) Australia. 2016.
- Member of the Medical Association of Navarra.
- Member of the General Medical Council in the United Kingdom.
- Aspiring member of the Spanish Society of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Member of the Basque-Riojan-Navarrese-Aragonese Society of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Member of the National Commission for the specialty of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery. Ministry of Health. Spain.2014-2016.
Latest scientific publications
- Maximizing the Smile Symmetry in Facial Paralysis Reconstruction: An Algorithm Based on Twenty Years' Experience Jun 1, 2021 | Magazine: Facial Plastic Surgery
- Multidisciplinary approach in the pelvic relapse of a previously irradiated cervical tumor May 1, 2020 | Magazine: International Journal of Gynecological Cancer