Graduated in Medicine and Surgery. Faculty of Medicine. University of Seville in 2003.
Specialist in Medical Oncology at Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Seville in 2008.
MS Biomedical Research: Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocío, University of Seville in 2007.
MS Clinical Trials: University of Seville in 2011.
Oncoavanze: Asistencia Oncológica Integral, Seville, 2015-2017.
He has participated in several research projects:
- Experimental Clinical Study and systematic literature review of the efficacy and clinical impact of 18F-FDG-PET/TAC in the assessment of response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in stage IIIA non-small cell lung cancer. Funding: 90000 euros /Consejería de Salud, Junta de Andalucia. Principal Investigator: Isabel Borrego Dorado.
- miRNA and gene expression profile in non-small cell lung cancer: correlation with histology and prognosis in operable patients. (P08-CVI-4090) Funding: 167,500.00 euros / Proyectos de Excelencia - Consejería de Innovación, Ciencia y Empresa. Principal Investigator: Luis Paz-Ares.
- Identification of biomarkers of drug sensitivity and resistance in an in vivo platform of human colon cancer xenografts (PI 10.02164). Funding: 256,520.00 euros/ Fondo de Investigaciones Sanitarias (FIS-ISCiii). Principal Investigator: R Garcia-Carbonero.
- Phase I, single-center, randomized, open-label clinical trial to evaluate the effect of food (fasting and standard food) on the pharmacokinetic parameters of lapatinib at a reduced dose, versus lapatinib administered fasting at a conventional dose, in unresectable, locally advanced or metastatic HER2-positive breast cancer after progression to trastuzumab (PI-0777-2011). Funding: 39,939 euros/ Consejería de Salud, Junta de Andalucia. Principal Investigator: Jesús Corral
- Detection of the T790M mutation by ultrasensitive PCR method prior to treatment with EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKI) as a predictor of the mechanism of resistance to progression in patients with stage IV non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC) and EGFR mutation. Funding: 60000 euros / Conselleria de Sanitat Universal i Salut Pública. Hospital Universitario y Politécnico de La Fe, Valencia. Principal Investigator: Óscar Juan Vidal.
As an educator
Associate Professor, MS applied clinical research in oncology. Universidad San Pablo-CEU-Hospital Universitario Sanchinarro, Madrid 2014-2017.
Associate Professor of Medical Oncology at the University of Seville, 2013-2017.
Consultant in Medical Oncology. Thoracic Oncology and New Drugs Development Program Medical Oncology Department. Virgen del Rocio University Hospital, Seville, 2012-2017.
As a researcher
He has participated in the elaboration of more than 20 scientific publications in national and international journals and as co-author of 10 chapters of books in his specialty.
He has presented more than 30 posters and communications in national and international congresses.
- First Merit Award of the “Sociedad Andaluza de Cancerología”. Jaen, 2006.
- First Merit Award of the 3rd Congress “Hitos Oncológicos”. Madrid, 2008.
- First Merit Award to the best fellowship in Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocío. Seville, 2008.
- Scholar, 11th ECCO-AACR-ASCO Workshop. “Methods in Clinical Cancer Research”. Flims, 2009.
- INC Clinical Research Award. Phase I Unit Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocío, Seville, 2015.
- First Merit Award of the 1st Workshop of Young Investigators in Lung Cancer. Madrid, 2015.
- Third Merit Award of the “Concurso de Experiencias Clínicas en Dolor Irruptivo en Oncología Médica”. Madrid, 2016.
Latest scientific publications
- SEOM clinical guidelines for the prophylaxis of infectious diseases in cancer patients (2021) Mar 1, 2022 | Magazine: Cliinical & Translational Oncology
- SEOM clinical guidelines for anaemia treatment in cancer patients (2020) May 1, 2021 | Magazine: Clinical & Translational Oncology