FOTROCAN Delphi consensus statement regarding the prevention and treatment of cancer-associated thrombosis in areas of uncertainty and low quality of evidence
Jimenez-Fonseca P (1), Carmona-Bayonas A (2), Calderon C (3), Fontcuberta Boj J (4), Font C (5), Lecumberri R (6), Monreal M (7), Muñoz Martín AJ (8), Otero R (9), Rubio A (10), Ruiz-Artacho P (11), Suarez Fernández C (12), Colome E (13), Pérez Segura P (14).
(1) Medical Oncology Department, Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, Oviedo, Spain.
(2) Hematology and Medical Oncology Department, UMU, IMIB, Hospital Universitario Morales Meseguer, Murcia, Spain.
(3) Clinical Psychology and Psychobiology Department, Faculty of Psychology, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain.
(4) Unitat d'Hemostàsia i Trombosi, Hospital Universitari de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain.
(5) Medical Oncology Department, IDIBAPS/Translational Genomics and Targeted Therapeutics in Solid Tumors, Hospital Universitari Clínic, Barcelona, Spain.
(6) Hemaotology Department, Clínica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain.
(7) Internal Medicine Department, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Spain.
(8) Medical Oncology Department, Hospital Universitario Gregorio Marañón, Madrid, Spain.
(9) Medical-Surgical Unit for Respiratory Disease, Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla (IBiS), Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio/CSIC/Universidad de Sevilla, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Enfermedades Respiratorias (CIBERES), Sevilla, Spain.
(10) Pharmacy Department, Hospital Virgen de la Salud, Toledo, Spain.
(11) Emergency Department, Hospital Universitario Clínico San Carlos, IdISSC, Madrid, Spain.
(12) Internal Medicine Department, Hospital Universitario La Princesa, Madrid, Spain.
(13) Scientific Affairs, LEO Pharma, Barcelona, S.A, Spain.
(14) Medical Oncology Department, Hospital Universitario Clínico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain.
Data: 27/Fev/2017Hematologia e Hemoterapia
Decision-making in cancer-related venous thromboembolism (VTE) is often founded on scant lines of evidence and weak recommendations. The aim of this work is to evaluate the percentage of agreement surrounding a series of statements about complex, clinically relevant, and highly uncertain aspects to formulate explicit action guidelines.
MATERIALS AND METHODS:
Opinions were based on a structured questionnaire with appropriate scores and were agreed upon using a Delphi method. Questions were selected based on a list of recommendations with low evidence from the Spanish Society of Oncology Clinical Guideline for Thrombosis. The questionnaire was completed in two iterations by a multidisciplinary panel of experts in thrombosis.
Of the 123 statements analyzed, the panel concurred on 22 (17%) and another 81 (65%) were agreed on by qualified majority, including important aspects of long-term and prolonged anticoagulation, major bleeding and rethrombosis management, treatment in special situations, catheter-related thrombosis and thromboprophylaxis. Among them, the panelists agreed the incidental events should be equated to symptomatic ones, long-term and extended use of full-dose low-molecular weight heparin, and concluded that the Khorana score is not sensitive enough to uphold an effective thromboprophylaxis strategy.
Though the level of consensus varied depending on the scenario presented, overall, the iterative process achieved broad agreement as to the general treatment principles of cancer-associated VTE. Clinical validation of these statements in genuine practice conditions would be useful.
CITAÇÃO DO ARTIGO Clin Transl Oncol. 2017 Feb 27. doi: 10.1007/s12094-017-1632-3.
A Clínica é o hospital privado com maiores recursos tecnológicos de Espanha, tudo num único centro.
Os profissionais da Clínica realizam um trabalho contínuo de investigação e formação, sempre em benefício do paciente.
Conheça porque é que somos diferentes em relação a outros centros sanitários. Qualidade, rapidez, comodidade e resultados.