Immunophenotypic Pattern of De Novo Malignancy After Liver Transplantation
González JP (1), Zabaleta A (2), Sangro P (3), Basualdo JE (4), Burgos L 2, Paiva B (2), Herrero JI (5).
(1) School of Medicine, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Navarra, Spain.
(2) Flow Cytometry Core, Centro de Investigación Médica Aplicada, Pamplona, Navarra, Spain.
(3) Department of Internal Medicine, Clínica Universidad de Navarra, IDISNA, Pamplona, Navarra, Spain.
(4) Liver Unit, Clínica Universidad de Navarra, IDISNA and CIBEREHD, Pamplona, Navarra, Spain.
(5) Department of Internal Medicine, Clínica Universidad de Navarra, IDISNA, Pamplona, Navarra, Spain; Liver Unit, Clínica Universidad de Navarra, IDISNA and CIBEREHD, Pamplona, Navarra, Spain.
Data: 14/Jan/2019Medicina Interna [ES] Hepatologia
Long-term survival after liver transplantation is affected by de novo neoplasia. The incidence of this type of malignancy is increased in the setting of immunosuppressive therapy.
The aim of this study was to characterize the immunologic pattern of liver transplant recipients with de novo malignancies. Fifty-one liver recipients were studied, 19 of whom had a history of de novo neoplasia. Immunophenotypic patterns among patients with/without tumors were compared.
The subpopulations of CD4+ T lymphocytes and CD8+ T lymphocytes differed between the 2 types of patients studied. In patients with tumor, activation membrane markers in CD4+ T lymphocytes and CD8+ T-lymphocytes, such as CD56 or CD25, were expressed in a greater proportion, whereas activation markers CD314 and CD16 were reduced in CD56bright natural killer (NK) cells.
We concluded that cytotoxic response seems to be more activated in de novo neoplasia patients, which highlights the still unknown malignancy risk effect on these immune cells.
CITAÇÃO DO ARTIGO Transplant Proc. 2019 Jan 14. pii: S0041-1345(18)30882-0. doi: 10.1016/j.transproceed.2018.04.090
tal vezLE INTERESE
A Clínica é o hospital privado com maiores recursos tecnológicos de Espanha, tudo num único centro.
Os profissionais da Clínica realizam um trabalho contínuo de investigação e formação, sempre em benefício do paciente.
Conheça porque é que somos diferentes em relação a outros centros sanitários. Qualidade, rapidez, comodidade e resultados.