meet Dr. José Ignacio Herrero Santos
Area of Expertise: hepatic transplants
training andProfessional Career
Graduated (1988) and was awarded his doctorate (1996) in Medicine, with distinction by the University of Navarra. He works as an Internal Medicine Specialist at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra.
He has a Diploma of Honour from the European Board of Medicine for Transplants.
He carried out his residences in order to complete his training in the Hepatic Transplant Unit of the The Queen Elizabeth Hospital de Birmingham (United Kingdom), the University of Michigan Medical Center at the Universidad de Michigan (USA), the Presbyterian University Hospital at the Universidad de Pittsburgh (USA) and the Northwestern University Hospital (Chicago, USA)
He now works as a specialist in the Hepatology Unit in the Internal Medicine Department at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra.
As an educator
Titular professor at the University of Navarra Faculty of Medicine.
As a researcher
Author of more than 200 speeches and presentations at national and international conferences.
Author of more than 75 articles and book chapters.
Latest scientific publications
- Effectiveness and safety of ombitasvir, paritaprevir, ritonavir ± dasabuvir ± ribavirin: An early access programme for Spanish patients with genotype 1/4 chronic hepatitis C virus infection
- Role of mTOR inhibitors for the control of viral infection in solid organ transplant recipients
- Spanish Society for Internal Medicine
- Basque-Navarra Society for Digestive Pathology
- Spanish Association for Liver Study
- Spanish Society for Hepatic Transplants
- Spanish Society for Transplants
- European Association for Liver Study
- European Society for Organ Transplant
- International Society for Liver Transplant
- Transplant Society
- American Association for the study of Liver Diseases
- Member of the Joint Directive and Secretary of the Scientific Committee for the Spanish Society for Hepatic Transplants 2009-2013
- Speaker for Scientific Committee of the Spanish Association for Liver Study since 2009
you mayBE INTERESTED
The Clínica is the spanish private hospital with the greatest technological equipment in one single center.
If you live outside of Spain and you wish to receive care at the Clínica, learn about our services for international patients.
Why we are different from other healthcare centers.
Quality, speed, comfort and results.