meet Dr. Gregorio Rábago Juan-Aracil
Cardiac Surgery Specialist
training andProfessional Career
Graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the Autonomous University of Madrid. He specialised in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery at the la Pitié-Salpetriérè Hospital in Paris, France (1988-1993). Between 1993 and 1996, he did a Fellowship in the Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery Department at the University of Arizona (Tucson, USA), where he was in charge of the class of 1995 residents. On top of his work as a cardiovascular surgeon, he developed his knowledge of heart transplants and circulatory support. He began work at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra in 1996. He has been a Fellow of the European Board of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons (FEBTS) since 2000.
He is now in charge of the Cardiac Surgery Unit and heart transplant programme at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra.
As a researcher
Ha publicado más de 100 artículos en revistas nacionales e internacionales.
Ha participado en 21 capítulos de libros.
Ha presentado más de 200 comunicaciones a congresos de la especialidad.
- Spanish Cardiovascular Surgery Society
- Mediterranean Association of Cardiology and Cardiac surgery
- Titular Member of the French School of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Life Member of the Conchita Rábago de Jiménez-Díaz Foundation Board
- International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation
- Spanish Cardiology Society
- Fellow of European Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons (FETCS)
- European Association of Cardiothoracic Surgery. (2005)
- Cardiosurgeons Society (2005)
- Prize for the best speech at the XV Spanish Cardiovascular Surgery Society conference
- Echebano grant
- Government of Navarra grant (1999-2001)
- Government of Navarra grant (2001)
- Government of Navarra grant (1999-2000)
- Roche grant for basic and clinical cardiology research
- Novartis prize from the Spanish Cardiology Society for the best speech about transplants, 2002
- FEGAS prize 2008 from the Galician Health Administration School
- Prize from the Spanish Radiology Foundation for the best Scientific Published article or work in national and international magazines, 2007-2008
- Second Prize for the best published work in Spanish Urological Acts, paragraph A, 2008
you mayBE INTERESTED
The Clínica is the spanish private hospital with the greatest technological equipment in one single center.
If you live outside of Spain and you wish to receive care at the Clínica, learn about our services for international patients.
Why we are different from other healthcare centers.
Quality, speed, comfort and results.