Sunitinib rechallenge in advanced renal cell carcinoma: outcomes of a multicenter retrospective study
Munárriz J (1), Reynés G (2,3), Sánchez-Lorenzo L (4), Esteban E (5), Basterretxea L (6), de Avila-Lizárraga L (7), Climent MA (8), Juan-Fita MJ (8), Escoín C (9), Puente J (10), Cassinello J (11), Vázquez S (12), Chirivella I (13).
(1) Department of Medical Oncology, Consorci Hospitalari Provincial de Castelló, Castelló, Spain.
(2) Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria La Fe, Valencia, Spain.
(3) Scio. de Oncología Médica, Hospital Universitario y Politécnico La Fe, Avda. Fernando Abril Martorell nº 106, 46026, Valencia, Spain.
(4) Clínica Universidad de Navarra, Campus Madrid, Madrid, Spain.
(5) Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, Oviedo, Spain.
(6) Donostialdea ESI/OSI Donostialdea, Donostia, Unibertsitate Ospitalea/Hospital Universitario Donostia, Donostia, Spain.
(7) Hospital San Pedro, Logroño, Spain.
(8) Instituto Valenciano de Oncología, Valencia, Spain.
(9) Hospital Universitario de La Ribera, Valencia, Spain.
(10) Medical Oncology Department, Hospital Clínico San Carlos, Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria del Hospital Clínico San Carlos (IdISSC), CIBERONC, Madrid, Spain.
(11) Hospital Universitario de Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Spain.
(12) Hospital Universitario Lucus Augusti, Lugo, Spain.
(13) Hospital Clínico Universitario de Valencia, Valencia, Spain.
Revisão:Cancer Chemotherapy Pharmacology
Data: 31/Jul/2019Oncologia Médica
The aim of this multicenter study was to evaluate the clinical outcomes of patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC) who received sunitinib retreatment.
Clinical data from patients treated with sunitinib rechallenge in nine Spanish centers were retrospectively analyzed. All patients received first-line sunitinib until progression or intolerance, followed by one or more successive drugs and rechallenge with sunitinib thereafter.
Thirty-seven patients were included. At first-line treatment, objective response rate (ORR) was 69.4% and median progression-free survival (PFS) was 19.4 months. At rechallenge, ORR was 27.2% and 39.4% of patients obtained stabilization of disease. Median PFS was 6.2 months. Clinical benefit was obtained by 21 patients (75%) with > 6-month interval between sunitinib treatments and by 1 patient (20%) among those with ≤ 6-month interval (P = 0.016). Hemoglobin levels ≥ lower level of normal were associated with clinical benefit (P = 0.019) and with PFS (P = 0.004). Median overall survival from start of first-line sunitinib was 52.7 months. No new adverse events were observed at rechallenge.
Sunitinib rechallenge is a feasible treatment option for selected patients with mRCC.
CITAÇÃO DO ARTIGO Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2019 Jul 31. doi: 10.1007/s00280-019-03913-3
A Clínica é o hospital privado com maiores recursos tecnológicos de Espanha, tudo num único centro.
Os profissionais da Clínica realizam um trabalho contínuo de investigação e formação, sempre em benefício do paciente.
Conheça porque é que somos diferentes em relação a outros centros sanitários. Qualidade, rapidez, comodidade e resultados.