meet Dr. Víctor Valentí Azcárate
Codirector of the Obesity Area
Area of Expertise: Obesity Surgery
training andProfessional Career
Graduated (2000) and was awarded his doctorate (2006) in Medicine from the University of Navarra.
He worked as a Clinical Fellow in Gastroesophageal Surgery at Ealing and St Mary ́s Hospital, Imperial College of London, January-December 2007.
He was a Visiting Observer Surgery in the Foregut Department of the University Hospital of Southern California, Los Angeles in June 2008.
He was also a Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Clinical Fellow at Charing Cross Hospital, Imperial College of London, January-February, 2012.
Since 2006, he has worked as a specialist in the General and Digestive Surgery Department at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra.
As an educator
Surgery Professor at the University of Navarra Faculty of Medicine Research
As a researcher
He has written or collaborated in the publication of over 50 scientific articles in specialised magazines and book chapters.
To date, he has given 75 presentations and videoconferences at national and international meetings relating to his speciality.
Latest scientific publications
- Prognostic factors of weight loss after sleeve gastrectomy: Multi centre study in Spain and Portugal.
- Quality criteria in bariatric surgery: Consensus review and recommendations of the Spanish Association of Surgeons and the Spanish Society of Bariatric Surgery
- Spanish Association of Surgeons (AEC)
- Spanish Association of Obesity Surgery (SECO)
- International Federation of Surgical Obesity (IFSO)
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Speaker for the Obesity Surgery Section of the Spanish Association of Surgeons
you mayBE INTERESTED
The Clínica is the spanish private hospital with the greatest technological equipment in one single center.
If you live outside of Spain and you wish to receive care at the Clínica, learn about our services for international patients.
Why we are different from other healthcare centers.
Quality, speed, comfort and results.