meet Dr. Rafael Moncada Durruti
Specialist at the Pain Area.
Specialised focus on anaesthesia in bariatric surgery.
training andProfessional Career
Degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Navarre in 2002. Medical Specialist Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care from the Training System for Resident Medical Interns, 2007.
Stay at the Charing Cross Hospital of London Imperial College Healthcare as a clinical observer at the Department of Bariatric Surgery, with Dr. Mr Ahmed R Ahmed BSc and Dr. Jonathan Cousin.
Doctor in medicine. PhD: "Re-evaluation of the criteria of eligibility of patients suitable for bariatric surgery".
- "Study of the mechanisms of histological and functional adaptation in the variability of trend progress after bariatric surgery".
Carlos III Health Institute. Ministry of Science and Innovación. 2011-2012
Head researcher: Gema Frühbeck. File No. FIS PI09/2330
- “Prospective study of changes in energy expenditure after bariatric surgery”.
Carlos III Health Institute. Ministry of Science and Innovation. 2013-2016.
Head researcher: Gema Frühbeck. File No. FIS PI12/00515
- “Study of the dysfunction of adipose tissue in cardio-metabolic alterations linked to obesity and their influence during aging”.
Financing body: Caja Navarra Foundation
Participating body: University Clinic of Navarre. Duration: July 2014-June 2015.
Head researcher: Javier Gómez Ambrosi.
- “Evaluation of post-operative pain after preincisional infiltration of bupivacaine in laparoscopic bariatric surgery”.
Spanish Agency of Medicines and Health Products. Code CUN-BUP-2014-01
Head researcher: Victor Valenti
- “Study of the coordinated regulation of aquaglyceroporins in insulin sensitive tissues in obesity and insulin resistance”.
Financing body: Department of Health of the Regional Govt. of Navarre.
Head researcher: Amaia Rodriguez Murueta-Goyena
As an educator
- Associate Clinical Professor at the Faculty of Medicine. University of Navarre. June 2006 to June 2007.
- Associate Clinical Professor at the Faculty of Medicine. University of Navarre. From June 2006 to present.
- Certified Instructor of Advanced Life Support (ALS) from European Resuscitation Council (E.R.C). Trainer number: CCR-9311.
- Certified Instructor of Basic Life Support and Automated External Defibrillator (BLS+AED) from European Resuscitation Council (E.R.C). Trainer number: CCR-9311.
As a researcher
Published over 20 scientific articles in national and international journals.
Participated in editing 2 chapters of books relating to his speciality.
Presented more than 30 papers at national and international congresses and conferences and has participated as guest speaker in 8 scientific congresses and conferences.
Latest scientific publications
- Increased IL-32 Levels in Obesity Promote Adipose Tissue Inflammation and Extracellular Matrix Remodeling. Effect of Weight Loss
- Increased Obesity-Associated Circulating Levels of the Extracellular Matrix Proteins Osteopontin, Chitinase-3 Like-1 and Tenascin C Are Associated with Colon Cancer
Member of Board of Governors
- Spanish Society of Obesity Surgery (SECO) Member of Board of Governors.
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders. (IFSO)
- European Society of Anaesthesiology (ESA)
- Spanish Pain Society (SED)
- Network of Biomedical Research Centres (CIBER) on Physiopathology of Obesity and Nutrition, Carlos III Health Institute, Madrid.
- Obesit y & Adipobiology Group, Health Research Institute of Navarre (IdiSNA).
tal vezLE INTERESE
The Clínica is the spanish private hospital with the greatest technological equipment in one single center.
If you live outside of Spain and you wish to receive care at the Clínica, learn about our services for international patients.
Why we are different from other healthcare centers.
Quality, speed, comfort and results.