meet Dr. Marta Ferrer Puga
Allergology and Immunology Specialist
Area of Expertise: chronic hives
training andProfessional Career
Graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Zaragoza. She was awarded her doctorate in Medicine by the University of Navarra.
She is an Allergology Specialist at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra. She carried out her postdoctoral training in the Allergy Division at the State University of New York. Afterwards, she worked in the Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Division at the Medical University of South Carolina, where she stayed until she began her work at the Clínica.
She was a Scholar at the Harvard Macy Institute, in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Harvard.
She now works as the Head of the Allergology Department at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra.
As an educator
Titular Professor at the University of Navarra Faculty of Medicine
Head of Medical Education Unit – she put in place the Medical Education Certificate system. She also started several initiatives for educative innovation. Along with her team, they have developed a MOOC (Massive Online Open Course) for hospital teaching, which is the first of its kind in to be created in Spanish.
As a researcher
She has led numerous public research projects (Sanitary Research Fund, Government of Navarra, Ministery of Science and Innovation) (594.751 €) as well as a research project subsidised by the Ramón Areces foundation for the study of the physiopathology, chronic hives and the use of new drugs for immunotherapy with nanotechnology.
Currently she is leading a research project studying the mechanism and role of immunomodulatories in chronic hives.
She has written more than 70 articles in international magazines and 6 book chapters.
She also wrote the book: Why are allergies increasing? Madrid, Editorial Everest, 2005. ISBN: 84-241-8813-6
Latest scientific publications
- Allergic rhinitis severity can be assessed using a visual analogue scale in mild, moderate and severe
- Management of chronic spontaneous urticaria in routine clinical practice: A Delphi-method questionnaire among specialists to test agreement with current European guidelines statements
- President of the Cutaneous Allergy Committee of the Spanish Allergy Society
- Fellow of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI)
- Member of Skin Committee of the AAAAI
- Director Board Member of the Committee of Cutaneous Allergies of the European Academy of Allergies (EAACI)
you mayBE INTERESTED
The Clínica is the spanish private hospital with the greatest technological equipment in one single center.
If you live outside of Spain and you wish to receive care at the Clínica, learn about our services for international patients.
Why we are different from other healthcare centers.
Quality, speed, comfort and results.