meet Dr. Manuel Manrique Rodríguez
Area of Expertise: hearing loss and hearing implants
training andProfessional Career
Dr. Manuel Manrique Rodríguez graduated (1980) and was awarded his doctorate (1989) in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Navarra. He specialised in Otorhinolaryngology at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra, completing his training with a residency in Otology and Otoneurology in the House Ear Institute (Los Angeles).
He is the Director of the Cochlear Implant Programme at the University of Navarra.
Director of the Otorhinolaryngology Department at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra from 2015.
- Cochlear implants, bone conduction implants, middle ear active implants brainstem implants for auditory channel stimulation
- Telemedicine and hearing
- Robotic ear surgery
- Member of Editorial Board of "Cochlear Implants International and Interdisciplinary journal", “Spanish Otorhinolaryngological Act”, “The Mediterranean Journal of Otology and Audiology” (MJO), “Otology & Neurotology” and “International Archives of Otorhinolaryngology”
- Lead Researcher on 5 publically and competitively commissioned research projects
- Lead Researcher on 12 research projects with special relevance for companies or public administration
- Member of research team on 2 publically and competitively commissioned research projects
- Member of research team on 15 research projects with special relevance for companies or public administration
- Inventors: Manuel Manrique, Javier Gracia Gaudó. Name: electrode guide for cochlear implant fitting using said guide and manufacturing process
- Inventors: Joan Savall, Manuel Manrique. Name: Support for steadying a surgical tool
As an educator
Accredited by the ANECA as a professor at the Private University.
Accredited by the ANECA as associated professor.
Titular Professor at the University, for Otorhinolaryngology. University Coordination Council, Secretary of State for Universities and Investigation, Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport.
Associate Professor of Otorhinolaryngology at the University of Navarra Faculty of Medicine.
Otorhinolaryngology Course Director at the University of Navarra Faculty of Medicine.
Academic Guidance at the University of Navarra Faculty of Medicine.
As a researcher
He has spoken at more than 90 national conferences and 158 international conferences.
He has had more than 100 articles published in national and international magazines. He has also published 11 monographs, 50 book chapters and 7 books: Manual for Rehabilitation of Cochlear Implants, Guide for the Dissection of the Temporal Bone, Cochlear Implants, Implantable Prosthesis in Otosurgery, Multilingual Dictionary of Otology and Cochlear Implants, Study Guide for Educational Staff Working with Hearing Impaired Children, Legal Aspects of Medical Act in Otorhinolaryngology and Facial Cervical Pathologies.
- Spanish Society of Otorhinolaryngology and Cervical Facial Pathology since 1986
- Founding Member of the Spanish-German Society of Otorhinolaryngology and Cervical Facial Surgery in 1994
- Member of the Spanish Commission for the Early Detection of Hearing Loss (CODEPEH), 1995-2002
- Navarra Association of Otorhinolaryngology, from its founding to present
- Associated Member of the Inter-American Association of Paediatric Otorhinolaryngology, 2007
- Collegium oto-Rhino-Laryngologicum Amicitiae Sacrum (CORLAS)
- Correspondent member of the German Society of Otorhinolaryngology, May 2009
- Correspondent member of the German Society of Otorhinolaryngology since 2011
- Honorary member of the Cuban Society of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, October 2009
- Member of the Delegate Commission of SEORL–PCF since 17th
you mayBE INTERESTED
The Clínica is the spanish private hospital with the greatest technological equipment in one single center.
If you live outside of Spain and you wish to receive care at the Clínica, learn about our services for international patients.
Why we are different from other healthcare centers.
Quality, speed, comfort and results.