meet Dr. José Calabuig Nogués
Responsible of Sports Medicine Area
training andProfessional Career
Graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Valencia (1980).
He was awarded his doctorate in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Navarra (1992) with Cum Laude graduation honours and a Prize for his Doctoral Thesis.
He is a Cardiology Specialist at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra. He completed his training with some residencies abroad (Toulouse Dr. Jean Marco 1986 and Washington D.C. Dr. Augusto Pichard 1996-97).
Furthermore, he subspecialised in Interventional Cardiology (1998) and was accredited by the Haemodynamic Section of the Spanish Society of Cardiology in the same year.
He has been the Head of the Interventional Cardiology Unit since 2001.
As an educator
- Associate professor of Cardiology since 1992, and assistant professor since 2001.
- He is also responsible for the module "Sports Medicine" and has tutored second year students since 1998.
- In charge of Cardiology work placements since 2009
As a researcher
Author of 60 articles in international and national specialised scientific magazines
Latest scientific publications
- Outcomes and predictors of success and complications for paravalvular leak closure: an analysis of the SpanisH real-wOrld paravalvular LEaks closure (HOLE) registry
- Successful endoscopic closure of multiple tracheoesophageal fistulas following implantation of two atrial septal defect occluders
- Spanish Cardiology Society
- European Cardiology Society
- Haemodynamic and Interventional Cardiology Section
- One of the first Cardiologists to start using coronary stents in Spain
- The first to use optical coherence tomography (OCT) to study the coronary vulnerable plaque.
- The first Interventional Cardiologist in Spain to carry out a renal denervation with a Tetrapolar catheter.
Despite the volume of patients, there is no waiting list in the Haemodynamics Unit to perform surgery because these operations are performed the day of the diagnosis or, if preparation is needed, in 24 hours".
you mayBE INTERESTED
The Clínica is the spanish private hospital with the greatest technological equipment in one single center.
If you live outside of Spain and you wish to receive care at the Clínica, learn about our services for international patients.
Why we are different from other healthcare centers.
Quality, speed, comfort and results.