meet Dr. Fernando Martínez Regueira
Codirector of Breast Cancer Area
General Surgery Specialist
Area of expertise: breast cancer, stomach cancer, oesophagus cancer, peritoneal carcinomatosis, oncological surgery and benign mammary pathologies
training andProfessional Career
Graduated (1989) and was awarded his doctorate (1997) in Medicine from the University of Navarra. He was accredited by the European Board of Surgery in Surgical Oncology, from the European Union of Medical Specialists (UESM, 2004). He was qualified as an expert in Mammary Oncoplastic and Reconstructive Surgery from the University of Coruña (2006). He has been a General Surgery Specialist at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra since 1995.
Since 1996, he has been a clinical specialist in the General Surgery Department at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra. Since 2006, he has been Head of the Mammary Pathology Unit.
Since 2015 Codirector of Breast Cancer Area at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra.
- Mammary cancer surgery
- Conservative Oncoplastic Mammary surgery
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Cancer surgery after neoadjuvant treatments
- Peritoneal carcinomatosis surgery
- Gastroesophageal cancer surgery
- Oncological surgery in emerging countries
- Teaching surgery in the Faculty of Medicine
As an educator
Titular professor of Surgery at the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Navarra (June 2013)
Titular professor of Surgery for ANECA since 2012
Head of “Surgery and Anaesthesia” course (core subject for third year Medicine students) and “Mammary Pathology”, 1998-present.
As a researcher
Author of more than 40 articles and more than 200 presentations at national and international conferences.
- Spanish Association of Surgeons
- SEOQ (Spanish Society of Surgical Oncology)
- European Society of Surgical Oncology
- American Breast Surgeons
- Society of Surgical Oncology (USA)
- AECIMA (Spanish Association of Mammary Surgeons)
- GECOP (Spanish Group of Peritoneal Oncological Surgery)
- Association of Northern Surgeons
you mayBE INTERESTED
The Clínica is the spanish private hospital with the greatest technological equipment in one single center.
If you live outside of Spain and you wish to receive care at the Clínica, learn about our services for international patients.
Why we are different from other healthcare centers.
Quality, speed, comfort and results.