meet Dr. Felipe Prósper Cardoso
Co-director of Haematology and Haemotherapy Unit
Haematology and Oncology Specialist
training andProfessional Career
Graduated (1988) and was awarded his doctorate (1994) in Medicine from the University of Navarra. He specialised in Haematology and Haemotherapy at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra. He completed his training with a fellowship in Haematology and Oncology at the University of Minnesota (1997).
He is now the Head of the Cellular Therapy Unit and Co-director of the Haematology and Haemotherapy Unit at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra.
As an educator
Accredited as an Associate Professor at the University of Navarra by the ANECA
As a researcher
He has written more than 240 guest speaker presentations at both national and international events.
He has had more than 190 articles published in prestigious scientific national and international magazines .
Latest scientific publications
- The Mutational Landscape of Circulating Tumor Cells in Multiple Myeloma
- Non-invasive in vivo imaging of cardiac stem/progenitor cell biodistribution and retention after intracoronary and intramyocardial delivery in a swine model of chronic ischemia reperfusion injury
- Spanish Association of Haematology and Haemotherapy (AEHH)
- American Society of Haematology (ASH)
- International Society of Experimental Haematology (ISEH)
- Spanish Association for Research against Cancer (ASEICA)
- European Haematology Association (EHA)
- Young Investigator Award, Blood Club, Central Society of Clinical Investigation, Chicago, 1996
- Prize for Best Basic or Clinically Applied Breast Cancer Research Project. Novartis: Effects of the inhibition of tyrosine kinase activity in the family receptors for epidermal growth (EGF) in the regulation of the proliferation and apoptosis of breast cancer cells (2001)
- Rafael Hervada Prize for Biomedical Research: myocardial regeneration with autologous myoblasts: experimental and clinical study, Rafael Hervada Hospital, December 2005
- Runner up for 2007 Bayer-Schering-Pharma Prize for Lymphoproliferative Syndromes Research: Epigenetic regulation of Wnt-signalling pathway in acute lymphoblastic leukaemia, XLIX AEHH National Meeting and XXIII SETH National Conference, Pamplona, October 2007
- FEHH-ASTRA ZENECA Prize 2007 - Epigenetic regulation of human cancer/testis antigen gene, HAGE, in chronic myeloid leukaemia, XLIX AEHH National Meeting and XXIII SETH National Conference, Pamplona, October 2007
- BIAL Prize 2009 - The role of Epigenetics in the Prognosis and Pathogenesis of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia, Lisbon, May 2009
you mayBE INTERESTED
The Clínica is the spanish private hospital with the greatest technological equipment in one single center.
If you live outside of Spain and you wish to receive care at the Clínica, learn about our services for international patients.
Why we are different from other healthcare centers.
Quality, speed, comfort and results.